How to Apply
Before You Get Started
- Eligibility: Review the eligibility checklist below, and make sure you can say “yes” to these statements:
- Your project is led by a passionate and committed Indigenous youth who lives in Ontario.
- Your project is supported by at least one mentor in the community that the project is serving, or is open to having a mentor.
- Your project will contribute to a healthy community, having meaningful benefits to people and the environment.
- Your project will benefit a community in Ontario.
- You have identified the resources needed to successfully complete the project including financial and other types of support.
- You are looking for funds of no more than $5,000.
- You are open to participating in the OIYPP annual gathering to learn from and with other youth leading projects, supporters and mentors.
- Contact us if you have questions about your eligibility.
- Research: Talk to your community and make sure your project addresses an issue that is important to you and your community.
- Application material: Get familiar with the application form, read the application guidelines, and check out our FAQs. Contact us if you have any questions.
- Vision: Take time to get your ideas together, and think about what change you want to make with your project.
- Clarify: Organize your project ideas and goals so they are specific, meaningful, attainable, realistic and time-bound (SMART goals).
- Connect: Discuss the project with your mentor and/or community. Contact us if you need further support or resources.
Completing the Application
- Share: Tell your story. Describe your community, the project, and what you would like to do. Use clear and brief language, digital media and your imagination.
- Respond: Read the questions carefully and review your material. Don't leave anything blank!
- Review: Have a friend or mentor proofread your application. It should take under 10 minutes to read/review in total. Use the timeframes indicated at the top of each part of the application as a guide.
- Do it again: Take a final look at your completed application package. Pause. Breathe, and take another look.
- Deliver: Submit the application via our online form or download and fill out and send via email to email@example.com
2017 Applications are now closed, thank you for applying.